Sunday, January 18, 2009

Overkill

Remember this song from Men at Work? I heard it tonight on the radio. The acoustic version Colin Hay is doing now is really awesome and it just seems so apropo. By the way, I have moved completely on to denial. There is nothing going on here. Nope. Nothing at all.
Here are some lyrics followed by Colin Hay's appearance on Scrubs:

I can't get to sleep
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications

Especially at night
I worry over situations
I know I'll be alright
Perhaps it's just imagination

Day after day it reappears
Night after night my heartbeat shows the fear
Ghosts appear and fade away


1 Lovies:

Anonymous said...

OK, now I'll be singing that song in my head all day long - haha! I'm not all "puppies 'n rainbows" - you know that - but I think giving yourself a respite from the extreme worry and stress is good. Perhaps you just exhausted yourself like I told you I did when we spoke - or maybe the calm is fleeting and the fear and worry creep back in if you're not careful - either way, just take good care of yourself. You are way too precious not to...tell Tim your crazy-ass cousin from Ohio says "hey!"