Saturday, August 14, 2010

Preparations

I'm throwing a baby shower today. I've been preparing since before our trip - like weeks before. This kind of stuff is so fun for me! I get to be all crafty with a purpose and it's an achievable goal - and that kind of thing gets me all fired up. The more crafty stuff I do, the better I get at it. I'm trying to not focus too much on the fact that the invitations weren't perfectly centered and the edges weren't finished. I think that a lot of the other stuff came out really well.


So many pictures after tomorrow...
A cryptic sneak peek for Moira.
Guess what this is?

Photobucket


With all of the preparations have come several trips to Michaels and Joann's. Ada about lost her little mind in there yesterday.

Photobucket

So much stuff to pick up and chew on - stuff like giant spools of thread, fabric swatches, skeins of yard, spools of ribbon. I'm excited to be able to do crafty stuff with my girl. Do you know that I have an entire box of stuff - just things I find in the $1.00 aisle that will be so much fun to do with her. I already have crayons (she colored on my couch with one and ate another one) and finger paints (also goes in the mouth still) so I'm ready...I keep trying with her and one day my girl will be ready (read: not putting everything in her mouth).

Ada tried on my sunglasses yesterday. This was about the most fun she could have in a given day. Check her out:

Photobucket


Recent activities have also meant lots of boxes for the cats to hang out in.

Photobucket


In one of these boxes came a birthday present for Ada. Heather had a quilt made - so thoughtful - she used our wedding colors and the word that our wedding was built around: "Cherish". With the components for a toddler bed sitting in a box in the closet -we are ready. Not that I'm pushing her to grow up. Oh, no!! Just always building that dream...

Photobucket

Included was a great bag for mama. Hey Heather - it did work out to be big enough for all my stuff and all of her stuff! My new bag/diaper bag :)

Photobucket


Some playtime for my girl

Photobucket

Photobucket


and exactly 7 minutes of Sesame Street online.

 Photobucket

Tim used this to keep her occupied while I went out to harvest one 2" long squash, one 3" long zucchini, and 3 snow peas from my pathetic garden. This summer has been one of the foggiest and coldest in San Francisco history. My cucumber and tomatoes did not survive it. Sigh. Maybe next year? Maybe Ada will have to wait to learn about where her food comes from until after we live in a place where there is sun and a yard.


OK I'm off to get cookin'. Shower today! Pictures as soon as I can.