Friday, March 19, 2010

9 Months Old

Nine fly-by-the-set-of-our-pants months that have gone way too fast. Even though I feel like I have consciously tried to slow time down just a bit: I have inhaled her after a bath and thought, "I could never get enough of her sweetness", I have stared while she sleeps, I have marveled, made funny faces, kissed the tips of her tiny curled toes and made very effort to appreciate any given random moment we have together - it is still not enough. The past nine months are like watching water seep through my clenched fingers. No matter how hard I try to hold on a moment longer I am powerless to make it last. But then the next phase comes and with that I am head-over-heels, no-holds-barred, one-hundred-percent in love all over again and grasping to experience this new moment for all it's worth.

 



I love this kid so much. I think I am finally beginning to really understand what it means to be a mother. I wish my mom was alive so I could tell her this. 

Here are Ada's 9 month "stats":

Age: Exactly 9 months.
Weight: 21 lbs 8 oz. and 28.5 inches
Size (diapers, onesies, etc.): Size 3 diapers and 12 month old clothes (some 9 mos still fit and some 12 mos.  are already too small)
Eyes: A perfect meld of mine and Tim's- deep blue rim on the outside , like mine. Green is the majority of the iris with tiny brushstrokes of brown around the pupil, just like Tim's
Hair: It's coming....the bald spot is less prominent.
Sleeping: Fewer naps and very recently has started to wake and wonder where we are in the night. This is a hard phase.
Milestones: In position. Ready...Set...Crawl!
Words/sounds: She is still in the pterodactyl phase. We understand that babies who are exposed to multiple languages are slower to start towards talking but once they get going there is no stopping them.
What we are looking forward to: Crawling, finger foods, talking, walking...O my God!!

1 Lovies:

Callie said...

She is just gorgeous! She is very close to Chase is stats. He was 30" and 20lbs 7oz! I am glad to see that she is enjoying her solids!