Sunday, December 27, 2009

Taking the good with the bad

Overall, the good outweighs the bad, which is a nice reflection. All year I have dubbed 2009 "the year that can kiss my ass". Focusing on gratitude really does change your perspective. Even still, I am looking forward to 2010 and hoping that it is a quiet year full of health, wealth, and good times with friends and family.

The Good
1. Ada. The best thing that ever happened to me. It's so nice that this is our family.
2. Tim and I will soon celebrate 3 years of being married (11 as a couple) and going stronger than ever.
3. Tim and I both have jobs.
4. We have a roof over our heads. While we can't afford a lot of the stuff we want - it is just "Stuff" after all.
5. Tim, Ada, and I are all healthy.
6. The American Classic lasted one more year. New car payment avoided!
7. We are surrounded by friends and family. What a wonder to be so loved.
8. Our financial situation isn't great, but all things considered we have little room to complain.
9. CA came through re: maternity leave. I was able to take more time than I originally thought.
10. The cats are all healthy and adjusting to the new addition quite well. 

The Bad

1. The illness and death of my mother. 
2. The "Lost Weeks": this is what Tim and I call the period of time from 18-22 weeks of the pregnancy where we thought that Ada was missing a prominent, crucial brain structure.
3. The IRS struck again. Bastards.

I'm not a big country fan but Dave Matthews redeems it for me - this is a great summary of how I feel as the new year rolls in: