Sunday, December 20, 2009

Etsy begets Renegade

Everyone knows Etsy, the super-great site for crafty hipsters, right? Well, there is an entire craft fair called Renegade that is mostly comprised of Etsy sellers. Moira discovered it in Chicago. We are lucky in that the powers-that-be have decided that San Francisco is now on the roster.I went to the first fair here about a year and a half ago. I missed it this past summer because we were in FL with 3 week old Ada to see my dying mother. Lo, all was not not lost as they now have a holiday fair as well. We hit it last Saturday. Ada did reasonably well hanging out in the Ergo. We drove over to the east bay that morning so that I could get the H1N1 vaccine (pathetic, right?) so she had already had a long day. Renegade blew her mind. And who can blame her? It is pretty darn spectacular. Moira rushed to get her camera out to document the moment. Once again, we were mistaken for a lesbian couple. Here she is with a knit starfish on her head.




Now for my long-awaited, much loved Renegade loot:

First up is this cute little clip with felt leaves on it. I think it will be adorable on Ada when she finally has hair.








 Next is this great little dish. I have been in need of a jewelry dumping spot and this one is quite lovely. It's really just an old dish glued on top of a crystal-esque candle stick but props to the girl who came up with it as they were all so pretty.
UPDATE: Broken. Well, I enjoyed it for the full 9 days that I had it. Fark.
 

Then we came across another crafter who has a way with felt. I picked  up this cute little purse. It's just big enough to fit my phone, drivers license, and some cash. It hooks to my keys so it is quite perfect for a quick bundle to grab on the way out the door. It also fulfills my deep and abiding love for ric-rac. Super cute, right?
 

The same seller had these cute little poppy pins. I put it on my Hazel coat from myrebe.com. I got the coat during my firs trip to Renegade and I still wear it almost every day! It was time to adorn it with something colorful.
 

Speaking of Rebe - I got this great bamboo dress there. Brown is not my favorite color but this does go nicely with the Jeffrey Campbell shoes I got on sale and love but didn't know what I would ever wear them with. Believe it or not, this dress is quite flattering - the photography is poor quality, I know. And let's face it, I'm no model!
 

Finally, I saw this glass bead necklace and had to have it. Immediately when I put it on I said "yes!". The seller threw the earrings in for no additional charge. Love it!