Saturday, October 17, 2009

Adios Night Float!

...and don't let the door smack you in the ass on your way out!

Tonight is Tim's final night float for forever  (theroetically). We've been at this on and off since he started his internship in June 2006 so I can't say that I'm sorry for it to be over. He has taken single nights here and there in internship and one full rotation of nights. It's comical - we've actually passed each other on our street while I'm coming home from work and he is leaving to go to work! How couples survive this way is beyond me. Last year his program went to full weeks of working every night. When I was first pregnant he did a full month of nightfloat. That was fine because all I wanted to do was sleep anyways - neither of us missed a thing. He had another week when Ada was about 5 weeks old. This is his last week and now his last night. No more desperately trying to keep the baby quiet in the day so he can sleep! No more cases of Diet Coke in the pantry! No more foil over all the windows in the bedroom! Woo hoo!!!