Every day this month I am going to list 3 things I am thankful for and I'll sum them up weekly right here. I hear that Oprah started doing this and it turned her life around. I don't think I need to have my life turned around but being thankful - sincerely grateful - is just a good feeling and valuable perspective. You're welcome to join in - leave a comment, link to your own blog and write a post about what you are thankful for, even just think it to yourself.
- SLEEP: Seriously. Does this need elaboration?
- RUCHE: More affordable than Anthropologie.
- HEALTH: I bitch about my body plenty. It's shaped funny and won't get/stay pregnant are my two biggest complaints. Overall though, I'm lucky. I am very strong and for the most part my body has done some remarkable things over the past 40 years.
|She still refused to wear the Elmo costume I made for her. Instead she went as Dorothy. Good thing I picked up some dress-up outfits at Target last year for 80% off.|
- KALE: Yes, I'm thankful for kale. I've decided that it's natures perfect food. The nutritional content will knock your socks off, it's super cheap and you can hide it in anything. I put it into fruit smoothies, tuna salad (put s can of sardines in there too - more nutrition and you won't notice), spaghetti sauce, and soup. My favorite is dinosaur kale but curly is great too.
- LIZ and SHIAN: My office mates. They are super fun and super supportive. We also share a love for some not-so-cool things. But you would be surprised how many cool people are closet Barry Manilow fans. We might go to a casino out in the middle of nowhere to see Air Supply. It's OK to be jealous.
- PARKING: Halloween weekend was rough on our hill. This night, I parked right in front of our house. Such a blissful indulgence.
- ABC's: She sings them, among other songs. I could just die from smiling when she sings.
- DECAF COFFEE: God bless the person who discovered water-processing to decaffeinate coffee. I'm still off the caffeine - it's been 2 months now. I didn't think it was possible but look at that, it was.
- COLE VALLEY: Our neighborhood is great. After music class this morning we got cat food, a balloon, and milk on our way home. We walked the whole way and smiled at our neighbors.
- VIRTUAL FRIENDS: Some shit is going down right about now. Thank God for the ability to network online. These ladies are worth their weight in gold to me now.
- BURRITOS: Thank you, Mexican friends.
- ORGANIZATION: I don't mean to sound arrogant but damn, I can really organize stuff.
Like I said, feel free to chime in. Meanwhile, I'll be even more thankful next week.