Friday, October 7, 2011

Smack Me: This is where I live!

OK, before the weekend really gets moving I have to share a few things.

Last year I picked up a bunch of clearance Halloween costumes at Target. Sometimes Ada likes to play dress up. Frankly, if a $3.00 costume get ruined what do I care?  Introducing my little bumble bee. Not only is she cute as a bug, she can pretend-type really fast just like mommy and daddy, who she now refers to as "poppy". It's better than calling him mommy.

Photobucket


Yesterday we had some errands to run. Tim picked up his suit from Brooks Brothers. My man cleans up nice. I don't want it to be true but it really is true: seeing him shined up is nice. So nice. Ada helped by getting the little thingy that marks the cuff length. What's awesome is that she didn't see it being used yesterday. Oh, no. She saw it be used one single time 2 weeks ago. My Heart is smart.

Photobucket


Tim is officially on vacation so we took this rare opportunity to hang out. We went to the Ferry Building for oysters and gelato. It was almost just like our first date after Ada was born except for that this time she was with us and the Blue Angels were flying over the bay.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I turned around to find her all wet from the rain but enjoying her strawberry gelato. About 2 blocks later I looked again to find her totally passed out but still clutching her ice cream cone. 


She went right back down for a nap once we got home. After a brief rain, the jets came back out to practice. It was making me crazy to hear them but not see them. So we broke a rule. When we moved into this apartment 4 years ago we were told that it was cool to do whatever we wanted (we're responsible, considerate people) but don't go on the roof. I broke that rule yesterday evening.

Holy Lord. The view from up there is freaking amazing. We had to take a wee break but went back up to find totally different weather.

Photobucket
There's the Pacific Ocean leading into the San Francisco bay inlet. Off in the distance the bit of land is Bolinas. Amazing how the weather changes that fast and it makes everything look so different. 

Photobucket
The tips of the Golden Gate bridge. 

And then the jets started to practice. I LOVE IT! The noise you don't hear until the planes are long gone, how fast they are, the precision....oh my goodness. This makes physics and chemistry so tangible. I am in awe that humans created machines that do this. Keep in mind that I only have a shitty lens on my camera so the planes don't even look as big as they are in real life. From the roof of our house they fly so close!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Totally awesome, right? Up on that roof all I could keep thinking was, "Holy crap. I LIVE here!"Even though there are some things about this city that make me insane I can see why people are willing to put up with the craptastic school situation and extreme expense of living here. It's so beautiful.

Ada is waking up and we're going over to Tank Hill to watch the jets practice this afternoon. I'll update again later. I hope everyone has an amazing weekend. Later on, peeps.

1 Lovies:

Unknown said...

I used to work in Oakland and live in SF. Every morning I'd take the bus down Union and Columbus to BART or the ferry building. Even at my most tired, stressed out or distracted I couldn't help but pinch myself on that bus ride.

And that was just on my way to work!