Monday, September 8, 2008

Here and there



I've been out-of-touch lately. Tim's mom thought I was avoiding her on purpose. I wasn't avoiding her or anyone else. I've been busy doing other things - if I occupy myself pretty much all the time I don't have to think about why the frick I am still not pregnant. Sigh. OK, enough self pity. Moving on.
I've been working a ton - the girl who does alot of the ER shifts hurt her back so her shifts have been redistributed. This means that 30% of my schedule for the month of September is comprised of ER. I like doing it because the cases are more challenging and I always learn so much. I hate it because it's hectic and the days are so long. There truly is no time for anything else on those days in particular.
The other thing I've been doing is (re)learning to sew. My mom is actually an excellent seamstress and I used to sew with her when I was a kid. However, if you put a machine and pattern in front of me 2 weeks ago I wouldn't have known what to do. So my friend Moira and I took a class. Then we learned that our new favorite place to be was closing on Sept. 12. I've been cramming in the classes since then. So inspired am I that I actually bought a little starter machine today!
My kitchen project is evolving too. I still have little squares of blue all over the place. I did get the bottom half of the wainscoting painted (a gray called Nightingale) and painted the back of our island with chalkboard paint! I'll paint the cabinets next.
We attended a wedding last weekend for our friends: he is Indian and she is Sri Lankan. I had never been to an indian wedding before and it was really cool. They did a great job of detailing the ceremony so newbies like me could follow along. They used something like two dozen cocnuts and had a fire on the alter. The whole day was long - 10 hours for us and the party was just getting started when we left at 11:30 at night. The best part? We got to wear outfits our friend bought for all of us the last time he went home to India to see his family. My dress was so beautiful (but not the most flattering sadly).

3 Lovies:

Nikki Godbee said...

I tagged you. Check out my blog for details :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE your bangs!!! You look great - sorry to read about your clomid experience. Hopefully it will all be worth it!!

Heather said...

Love your outfits! You guys look like royalty. So I am behind in reading the blogs. Miss you!