1.) The toddler bed. The transition is complete. She is doing beautifully.
Hang on. You know how I feel about sleeping babies. Let's get a little closer...
UGH!! I could die a hundred times from how lovely she is.
2.) Holidays are just an excuse to do crafts. Ada and I made tissue paper flowers yesterday. Believe it or not, most of this came from packages and a heart-shaped wreath from the $1 aisle at Target. So it was practically free. I think it came out beautifully.
Ada incorrectly calls her child safety scissors her "zippers". It's too damn cute to hear her say it so I don't bother to correct her.
3. It's February.
Right? When the heck did that happen. Ok, 2 days ago. At this rate the move to New York and Ada's little sibling will be here before we know it.
4. I really will put kale into anything. Today it was tuna salad and crockpot chili. Yesterday it was a smoothie.
5. Thank goodness we're done with season 3 of Mad Men and we don't have season 4 in hand yet. There is a chance now that I might get thank you notes for Christmas done. Emily Post would have me flogged.
6. Once I am a SAHM I think my biggest challenge will be wanting to bother to shower and get out of my yoga pants every day. The past 2 days have been a pretty easy pace and the messes have just settled where they were. I love a clean house. I love hanging out with me kid even more. I'm starting to think it's OK to have a slightly messy house and happy kids. I should still bother to shower though.
7. A short phone call is better than no phone call at all. At least I try to convince myself of this since finding an hour to be on the phone is about as achievable as hiking to the north pole in a bikini and nothing else.
8. I get to go walk/run tomorrow morning and I've been looking forward to it all week.
9. I forgot how much I like this song. It just cracks me up with the talk of a riding crop and "Styx!"
Ada and I had a dance fest today that featured this song, Fell in Love With a Girl by the White Stripes and Work It by Missy Elliot. Don't get all uppity with me about that last one - Ada doesn't understand the words she was just excited to be bouncing around in my arms. We had fun.
9. I ought to keep my mouth shut more often. That's all I'm going to say about that.
First time ever, linking up with Life's Lessons, the point of which is to write about what you learned this past week.