Saturday, February 11, 2012

February Ten on 10

I love ten on 10. The goal of this project is to take one picture every hour for 10 hours in a row on the 10th of the month. It's not a simple documentary though - it's a challenge to notice beauty. On a hun-drum day like today, what else was there to do but put on the Hawaiian pandora channel and accept this challenge? Just what I needed.

Photobucket
9:00
Morning smoothie. She puts the strawberries into the blender (with close supervision). I put in spinach, kale or spirulina. It's about the only green anything she will willingly eat all day. 

Photobucket
10:00
A nice hot shower. 

Photobucket
11:00
From our farm box this week. Is that not the most ridiculous radicchio you've ever seen?

Photobucket
12:00
Making "gingerbreads" for daddy and to share with her pre-school class later.

Photobucket
2:00
Naptime.

Photobucket
3:00
What? Is that a $12 jar of the world's best orange marmalade in the background? Why, yes! Yes, it is.
Did I just spread about 1/3 of that jar on my afternoon snack? Why, yes! Yes, I did.
I needed a pick-me-up. I really miss caffeine. And alcohol.








Photobucket
4:00
Best friends leaving the library holding hands. 

Photobucket
5:00
Arriving at the playground. This particular playground is about 1 block away from the Anchor Brewery. You might think that it always smells like beer but it doesn't. Instead it smells curiously of Spaghetti-O's, which is sort of comforting.

Photobucket
6:00
Sarah and Ada are about the same height - tall for their age. In the toddler swings they can both reach the ground with their feet. 

Photobucket
7:00 (almost)
Wrapping it up at the park - it's getting late but the girls are still having so much fun.

Photobucket
8:00 Bonus
Sweet girl drinking milk with our highly nutritious and well-balanced dinner of hot dogs. She has her daddy's eyes.

Go check out Rebekah's place. It's such a treat to visit over there and some of the sets this month are really fun :)
ten on ten button

4 Lovies:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous

Jessica said...

I love the idea of "ten on 10." What a great challenge to spice up the day. Sweet girl does have some beautiful eyes!

brianne said...

those stripey tights are pretty spectacular :) Great set!

Lisa said...

I really want to do this one day and I always forget. Gorgeous pics.