Saturday, March 19, 2011

Full Moon

Today the moon is full. It's also orbiting nearest to earth as the moon gets. If you're into astrology, you might believe that such a celestial arrangement is bound to cause some havoc. I'm not typically a believer in this kind of stuff, but today might just change my mind as the extreme chaos of the morning completely conforms to astrological predictions.

Ada woke up last night at 2:30 AM. She lay in her crib oscillating between whinging and dozing. Meanwhile,  a 2.5 hour pattern of me dragging myself out of bed, recovering her, "shhhh-ing" and rubbing her back was set into motion. Tim made her a bottle of milk just before 5:00, which she took enthusiastically just before vomiting it all back up all over my left ear, shoulder and in my hair. I yelled out an expletive and jumped up. Ada, terrified, started wailing. I ran to the shower, turned it on, and got in. Then it occurred to me that I should remove that wet nightgown covered in milk curdles. Ada joined me in the shower. 10 minutes later she and I lay on the stripped bed and she slept in my arms with her head on my chest. We remained there for the next 3 hours.

Add to it that Tim now has the cold that Ada and I have. Two of the four cats did something they shouldn't have. I am tired as hell of having a strained back and drippy nose and empty uterus. Typical of this time of year, another major financial surprise. I think that at one point I shouted, "What did I do to deserve a morning like this? Our family unit is falling apart!" That might have been a bit dramatic and overblown but it really was starting to feel like that. I am so throw off. I haven't found my inner bad-ass yet. I think she's taking a nap.

I want a do-over. I want to do yesterday again. Because it was a good day.


Photobucket
"UP!" How can I say no? I mean, look at her. This, by the way, is why my lower back is just totally trashed. 

Photobucket
Ada was treated to a little pair of sunglasses from Target. She wore them practically all the day long. 

Photobucket
Love Golden Gate Park especially at this time of the year

Photobucket
Love this baby more at any time of the year. 



Photobucket
Ada is quite clever for not even being on this earth for 2 years yet. Months ago she started stacking her books next tot front window so she could stand on them and look out. Here, she found the tiniest ledge and used it to see just a bit farther into the fountain. 

Photobucket
I love how she looks like she is having a very grown-up contemplative moment. 

Photobucket
Ada works on her "Cold Steel" look

Photobucket
My little runner in the park. She loves to run - squealing and arms flailing the whole way. 

Photobucket
Our old blender broke. This little beauty is the replacement. When, I wonder, did I start to get so stinking excited about small appliances?