Wednesday, March 16, 2011

10 on Ten

Rebekah's 10 on Ten photo project.

Except for that I learned of it at the end of the 10th. Also, when I looked back I realized there were only 8 pictures documenting the day instead of the 10 pictures that the title would suggest. Now that I can sit to post it's really the 16th. Hey, I have a full-time job. So, really this is 8 on Eleven on the 16th. I'll try to remember to do this again on April 10 and see what comes of it.













Photobucket
My Aunt Barb left a phone message at 1:30 AM to tell us to gt to high ground if we weren't already there. We woke up to sound of a voice on the answering machine saying that "xxxxxxx" was going to hit San Francisco at 8:16 AM. We mumbled that we get up so freaking early we would easily have over 3 hours to deal with it, whatever it was. When we woke up 4 hours after the message we saw the tragedy that had hit Japan. And I thought my life was stressful? Shame on me. 

Photobucket
After the first nuclear power plant in Japan exploded there was a mad rush to get potassium iodine. Good luck finding it. I managed to track down some at our local hard-core hippie store. It sits next to my Vitamin D. As part of the February Happiness Project I vowed to have a check-up with my GP. Happy to report that all is well except for my mildly low Vitamin D levels. These sit next to my prenatal vitamins, which I have, apparently, been taking in vain. My Ob reports that  my FSH has risen from 5.4 a mere 3 years ago to 12 on cd5. That's the death knoll of my ovaries, folks. Ignorance really was bliss. Aging sucks. 

Photobucket
My girl continues to become more independent. Gosh, I sure do love her a lot. Being  her Mom exceeds my wildest dreams.

Photobucket
Radiology Prom 2011: The very most unexpected party dress. The sales clerk at Ambiance, my favorite store, tells me this dress was in Marie Claire and Lucky magazines. I don't read these magazines so what do I know? It was on clearance and the skirt was super-flouncy and super-duper fun.

Photobucket
More party prep included a lot of jewelry I'll probably never find an occasion to wear. I love it nevertheless.

Photobucket
Ada's friend Cole turned one year old. I continue to contend that this day is so much a monumental day for the parents. 

Photobucket
A little light weekend reading. 

Photobucket
Tim's favorite flower is the daffodil. Last spring he planted some  bulbs in a rectangular plot - that's the shape that fits in the awkward rim of dirt around the rotting deck. It looked for a while like we had buried a human out there. Rest assured, it was only some amateur gardening. The daffodils are up and he's like a proud kid - and rightly so. These sunny, yellow flowers are friendly and bright.