Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snowed In

We woke up this morning to a fresh 3 inches on the ground and big charlie-brown-sized flakes drifting down from the sky. I went outside in my bare feet just to smell the smell of fresh snow and hear what isn't an absence of sound - it's the sound of quiet. Then it dawned on me...we don't have enough food in the house. We didn't think we were going to need chains for the tires. I am supposed to work tomorrow. We're playing it by ear for the moment but about 5 inches have collected out there by now and it doesn't look like we're going anywhere any time soon!

I'm riding high on my memories of yesterday. I don't really know what to say about a day like this one. It was perfect. These days are the ones that we all live for - a long, lingering breakfast, snuggles and hugs, practicing with our camera, playing in the snow, a dip in the hot tub, and then...sledding.
I am fulfilled.

There are no words to describe - I wish I could find them. I am here trying to find them but they don't exist. She is ... brilliant. And funny, loving, clever, sweet...and watching every single move we make. We had along discussion about this tonight after she went to bed. The intricacies aren't important but there has been a conscious making of a decision about the behaviors and patterns of communication that we want our daughter to pattern. We're fundamentally good people so this isn't a sea change in our lives, but I can't curse like an angry sailor when I drive anymore.

A picture says a thousand words. Hopefully some of these will succeed where my language fails.

Photobucket
The American Classic got a warning for being too far in the street. We took a little time in the morning to clear the drive enough to get her legal.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We miss our kitties. I made one to keep us company until we can get home to them.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This hill was perfect for little kids. There were groups of adults too just giggling and hootin' and hollerin'. It so reminded me of sledding as a little kid. Serious fun here.

Photobucket
This wasn't a big hill and the path was well-worn. Still, hauling a 30# toddler up the hill is some work.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The giggle and grin on this kid was enough to propel us up the hill again and again and again even though we were wet and freezing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Looks like Daddy is bowling with the baby. When she wiped out she thought it was hysterical!!

Photobucket

Well, here we are snowed in at Tahoe. At least we're all together. I love my little family. Off to work on a plan to get outta here :)

4 Lovies:

Mari said...

Lovely! Your little girl's smile can melt any heart!

Anonymous said...

That must be the cutest little snow outfit eva! And Ada's rosy little cheeks and nose are adorable!

Carla

Unknown said...

I always loved the quiet that snow brings. Gorgeous! Miss you, hope your Thanksgiving was awesome :)

christina said...

oh my goodness i'm grinning from ear to ear looking at these pics!!! it really looks like you guys had the time of your life!