Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Not so much.

Last night we all went to bed early. In fact Tim had been napping since 7:00. Honestly, I couldn't stand to engage in one more minute of the day.  We had a sick, crabby, crappy weekend at the Shepherd home. In fact, it was so bad that it was ten on 10, my favorite meme ever, and I carried my camera with me all day but still couldn't find any beauty to capture. Instead I snipped at Tim and drew in my breath at Ada all day. I was a bitch. How a weekend can start out so wonderfully and then turn to total shit is beyond me.

Actually, I do know. Friday night, right before our date - right before I came to realize that not one of my shirts fits anymore, my nice black pants shrunk in the dryer leaving them too short for heels and one of the glass beads on the Anthropologie necklace I indulged in last year was broken - I felt that tell-tale tickle in my throat and that I knew was getting Ada's cold. This makes the third virus I've had in the past three months. Can I just tell you how freaking tired I am of being sick? Of being tired? Of being sick and tired? Ugh.

Photobucket
I feel a lot like this but without the smile.


But before all that it was a great weekend.

Thursday was a visit to my Ob. Ada helped hold the doppler to listen to her baby brother, who is just growing and developing away in there. There was tickling and hiding in a big pile of pillows on the bed.

Photobucket

There was Golden Gate Park on Friday morning. We dropped off the American Classic at the car shop again (I know, dad. I know) and went to a playground in the park. It was warm enough to not wear a jacket but Elmo is a pretty hard little monster to give up.

Photobucket
I think there is a grown up face right there. Boy am I in trouble. 

I love the giant eucalyptus trees in this park. Ada stopped at this one and repeated, "Look mom! Giant tree!"with her head all craned back and squinting her eyes.

Photobucket
Reminds me of one of those walking, talking old wise trees in Lord of the Rings.

She spent a good deal of time on the swings, as usual.

Photobucket

And on our way out we caught a rainbow. Ada thought this was really cool and so did I. In fact, I usually think of rainbows as being a rather auspicious sign so I was expecting to have a completely kick ass weekend. A few hours later the throat-tickle began so I guess fake rainbows made by sprinklers, while pretty, bring no good luck at all. Beware.

Photobucket


Saturday morning we met Kathi and Sarah at the park. Well, this was after I yelled at Tim. Again with the swings and I was annoyed by it this time. She will spend hours on the swings if I let her. Cue the drawing in of the breath in frustration.

Photobucket

I managed to convince her to go do some other stuff.

Photobucket

I tried to convince myself that there was beauty all around if I only looked for it. And I took some pictures for ten on 10. Looking back over them by the end of the day I could tell that even though I wanted to feel it I just wasn't feeling it. Not every day is beautiful and inspiring. My Saturday happened to be full of snot. So I let it go.

Photobucket
If sunlight through the petals of a flower and spring buds on a tree can't bring a smile to your face then it's a sad, sorry day indeed. 

Photobucket
This is a sight that ALWAYS makes me smile.

Later, the weather turned cold, rainy and windy. Kind of like my mood. We went out to get peanuts and bananas at the shop on the corner in our neighborhood. All bundled up, we had a nice walk.

Photobucket

At home we wrapped up the craptastic day and went to sleep for the time change. The past two days have been the tail end, the aftershocks of a bad weekend. We're still short with each other and I'm still full of snot but the week is slowly looking better.

Practically everyone I know has been sick or had a crappy weekend for some other reason. All I can say is keep your chin up! It can't go on forever. I even woke up this morning feeling kind of normal. Next weekend is going to be awesome. Now go get 'em!

1 Lovies:

AudreyN said...

Oh hope you guys are feeling better. Unfortunately I have to agree with this weekend, it was blah and has moved into this week for me. It has to get better soon! Just hang in there