Saturday, February 5, 2011

2011 has only just begun

I am convinced that I have been blessed  - I am lucky enough to have some of the finest women in the world as my close friends. My net  may cast across vast geographic distances to accommodate them all but when we get together? Hold on tight because something magical happens. What I love the best is that these women are an extension of past and present self. My daughter is my very own heart. It only makes sense that we should all mix together seamlessly.

Oh yes. Heather is in town.

I could wax on poetically about this but I am tired after a very full, wonderful weekend. Instead I will say that I love my friend and I am thankful for her.

Photobucket


Music class Thursday morning. Rather than the careful observation that I am so used to she tore it up from the moment we stepped in the door.

Photobucket


We went off to the Ferry Building to get Oysters but Hog Island was "closed for maintenance" so plan B led us to pickled carrots and polenta.

Photobucket


Then came the part where Ada runs around like a lunatic outside the Ferry Building next to the bay. I think that this might be one of my favorite things in the city to do with her. Between the birds, the boats, the puppies, and the linear racetrack she is completely entertained.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Anthropologie. Scored an amazing dress and a beautiful silk top - I bust my ass for every penny I bring home so the occasional splurge seems apropos.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


So tender to catch these two in the jewelry.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Sephora.. Much like her mother she is overwhelmed by the bright lights and loud music. It takes my women friends, who are far better at being girls, to get me through those doors.

Photobucket


Beta - World's Sluttiest Cat, is just thrilled to have one more warm body in the house to snuggle up to.

Photobucket


Ada decided to toss all of Heathers clothes out of the suitcase so there was enough room for her to go to Kansas City and then Florida (seeing Grandma Judy by chance?)

Photobucket


It was Groundhog day and Friday took us back to the Ferry Building for a second stab at Hog Island. Swear it - if you like oysters it really, really is worth going back for.

Photobucket


We met the loveliest 10 month old Golden Retriever puppy named Lucy.

Photobucket


Poor Alicia arrived to a completely wrecked baby. Her lower canine teeth have finally emerged and she was a complete disaster all day Friday. No better hands to leave her in so I felt fine about heading out to dinner at Betelnut. I like a Mai Tai and highly recommend drinking it out a bowl with your bestie and husband, especially if it comes with little plastic figurine camels, monkeys and burros floating in it.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The zoo with the Lucas family. Totally on the fly and totally fun.

Photobucket


Isn't Sophia beautiful?

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Heather goes home tomorrow and we will go back to our normal routine. Until then I have a few hours left of what has been a most amazing weekend. Aside from teething and missed naps that baby had so much love and attention. I feel as if I have gone home again. The days have been breathtakingly stunning. Tonight, mother nature gave us a grand finale.

Photobucket


Photobucket