Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Hangover

It's been a fabulous whirlwind. I knew it would be. Few words, lots of pictures.


The tree-trimming happened in stages. Tim had been in Chicago since we returned from Tahoe. The night he got home was spent with him in the bathroom throwing up. Worst stomach flu ever. The next evening we went to get the tree - there was, after all, a schedule to keep. We went to Cole Hardware like we always do but this year for the first time that tree was not carried up the hill by a human. Rather, we let our car do all the work so that Tim's GI could recover.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Tree trimming was interrupted by Ada's favorite game: "I'm hiding right behind you!"

Photobucket
Off to the park for a little tree-trimming break. 

********************************************


The playground on a cloudy San Francisco day:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
These two squirrels looted every single stroller in the park, including ours. They scored a few stale cheerios and graham cracker bits from our basket. 


******************************************

Photobucket
What started off as very serious, reverent work quickly spiraled into a mess of silliness. 

Photobucket
Puppet Claus clearly loves his outfit. 

Photobucket
Instead of "Stuff on my Cat" we played "Stuff on the Baby."

Photobucket
Quick! Guess what game we're playing!?

Photobucket

Photobucket
Even after all that, our tree is lovely. 


*********************************************

Photobucket
A little something new for the bedroom. 


*********************************************

Photobucket
Grandma Judy arrived. Puppet took the opportunity to engage in his favorite sport: napping on luggage. He is a gold-medalist. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


************************************************

Photobucket
Grammy Rob and Grandpa Rick visited on Christmas eve while I was at work.
Quick!! What game is this now?


*************************************************

Photobucket
I have never been to a work party. I usually feel really, really awkward and then I have a glass too many to compensate and then I make a fool of myself. Better to just avoid. I told Tim that I RSVP'd "no" and he told me that was a bad idea politically. So we went. The goody bags for the kids were nice and I managed to keep myself under control. I still don't like these things though. 


**************************************************

A few of the toys from Christmas:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


*****************************************************

The holidays brought some new skills for Ada. Skills like climbing (Oh my God).
Photobucket

And the promise of new skills like using the potty.

Photobucket


***************************************************
Christmas day was spent with friends. One way or another we were all in town by our work. The Lucas's just moved here a few days ago. Their daughter Sophia is a few weeks older than Ada and they share a pure, unwavering love of Elmo.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
At one point Courtnay, who was on call all day, was on the computer reading out a study. Then the countdown to 6:00 began and we had a glass of champagne waiting for her. 


****************************************************



The new year is coming. And with it will come some very deliberate life changes. More to come. Always, always more to come....

Photobucket


2 Lovies:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear about your life changes! I too need to make some changes... <3 Glad your Christmas was good, hope you have an amazing New Year's!

christina said...

I ADORE HER!! She's SO happy and SO DARN CUTE!!!