Saturday, June 26, 2010

Portland continues

The longer I am in Portland, the more I love it. I'm sure that this enthusiasm is in part related to the fact that I really needed a break. Some of it is the company of an old friend who is happy to let you be yourself. Some of it is surely related to the fact that we're on vacation. There's still that "grass is always greener" aspect that touches all of us periodically. Still, I love it here. Every day that we are here I find one more reason to love it. It's nice to have an answer when Tim asks me, "If you could live anywhere..." There's no telling what might be in store for us but I am completely working away on that dream I mentioned earlier.

A few pictures from the trip...

Dinner at Mama's
Photobucket

Lunch at Fuller's. Best tuna sandwich ever...tasted just like my Mom used to make.
Photobucket

Anthropologie. I like to foster a good self-image for my sweet, sweet heart.
Photobucket

Reading the paper with Daddy in the hotel room. This was after she puked on the bed. Smells great in there...
Photobucket

Berries at the Portland State University farmers market, the most beautiful produce I've ever seen.
Photobucket

Powells bookstore. Look at this kids section. I mean, look at this!!!
Photobucket

Katie & Anson
Photobucket

Happy family. I love it that I'm part of this.
Photobucket

Anson pretends that he is a rap artiste and Ada loves it. He used to be in a hair band. That's awesome.
Photobucket

This is why we tip so well. Well, this and the fact that I waitressed for a really long time and I get how bad it sucks to get a sucky tip.
Photobucket

Why are baby piggies so freakin' cute? I love it that her middle toe is her longest toe.
Photobucket

Along with Mt. St. Helen, the volcanic one that blew up in the eighties, Mt. Hood watches over Portland.
Photobucket

Back seat self-portrait.
Photobucket

1 Lovies:

Diana said...

I LOVE the pics! Wish I could have been there with you :-(
What are those orange colored berries? They all look delicious!
I'm glad you liked the velvet and pink dress for Ada, I think she'll look adorable in it! Love, D