Friday, November 6, 2009

Ada's First Halloween


For the third year in a row we went to Belvedere St. I doubt we'll ever do anything else on Halloween! It's a perfect Halloween outing for us and it turns out to be perfect for Ada too!


We didn't dress her up - I couldn't think of a costume that would work with the Moby. I guess I could have made us into a mummy and baby but I just now thought of it. Instead she wore an orange footie and pumpkin bib. Thank goodness Halloween wasn't a week later. In a matter of days she went from fitting into this footie to busting out of it! They grow so fast....


 We also didn't carve a pumpkin. We aren't doing a very good job of introducing our daughter to Americana! However, we did find a guy dressed as Cookie Monster. I love Jim Henson so much that I was magnetically drawn to the CM.I love it that I'm totally psyched to be felt up by Cookie Monster while Ada is non-plussed. This guy got so much action for Halloween that Tim has decided to be a Sesame Street character next year.




For the most part Ada was just looking around at people but was largely disinterested. This is good for two resasons:
1. It is nothing like the night before it when we tried to go to a Halloween party and she just cried and screamed in terror. We had to leave within 10 minutes. Now, the party was hosted by a Cole Valley moms group woman who I also work with. It was perhaps the most benign Halloween party in history as more than half of the guest list was under 2 years of age.

2. She's not asking for candy yet. I don't know how to tell her all that corn syrup will ruin her liver.
A few other random pictures of Ada looking slightly more interested.