Tuesday, September 29, 2009

WE HAD A DATE!!!

I never thought I would be so excited about this during my married life! We had our first successful post-baby date today!

Attempt #1: Tim got called in and I got a traffic ticket getting him to the hospital.
Attempt #2: Can't find the concert tickets.
Attempt #3: Abandoned in favor of me making a very last minute flight to FL.

Today was totally spontaneous and a total success!!It was beautiful, sunny, crisp day! The nanny was with us today to watch Ada. Tim was done with his clinical and lab obligations by noon. I picked him up and we went to Hog Island Oyster Company in the Ferry Building. We sat looking out over the water, sampling oysters, and sipping champagne. There we were in the middle of a weekday having a purely indulgent time together! It felt like we were skipping school! After lunch we walked around the building holding hands. So romantic! I feel like a new woman!!